AttributesAs your MEDICAL HOME, we provide:
- Personal Physicians We get to know your child and family.
- Partnership We work with you in care management.
- Clarity We gather information between you and us that personalizes your care to meet your needs.
- Primary Care We focus on preventative services and a whole person orientation, which includes physical, social, and emotional health.
- Continuity We provide continuous care within our system allowing for a better understanding of issues and trends in your child’s health.
- Care Coordination We provide specialty referrals and can communicate your personal needs to these providers. Upon request, we can facilitate communication of your needs to schools and facilitate access to other resources in the community.
- Record Keeping We provide a central location for all your child’s health care records while preserving confidentiality. If you do seek care outside our office (i.e., Urgent Care, Walk-in Clinic, Emergency Room), you can request those records to be transferred to us so all documentation from your visit will be centrally kept in your permanent record.
InitiativesInitiatives currently underway at Town Pediatrics to meet your MEDICAL HOME needs:
- Enhanced Access to Care Some of our physicians offer extended hours. Introduction of patient portal that will allow you to check lab results and access your child’s personal health record and post visit summaries. Introduction of online scheduling for well child or planned appointments through our Patient Portal.
- Concussion Management This is a quality improvement initiative that we are currently working with through Children’s Hospital in DC (Pediatric Health Network through Children’s National Medical Center).
- Improved Quality and Safety Quality Improvement. In 2013, practice physicians completed a project through the Children’s National IQ Network to improve asthma care.
- Patient Satisfaction Currently we are getting ready to conduct a comprehensive practice wide patient survey so that we can incorporate your feedback to improve our care.
- Electronic Health Records (EHR). Our EHR provides: e-Prescribing that allows clarity in prescribing and provides tracking for medicines and cross-checks for prescriptions another physician may have provided. Patient Registries to assist in providing reminders or alerts regarding your child’s health. Decision-making Support to ensure that our clinical recommendations are meeting guidelines according to evidence-based medicine.